September 17, 2013

Homemade Whole Wheat Date Bread Recipe.

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this recipe the night I made it, before I devoured it in two days. Oops. I've never made homemade bread before, and since I'm trying to expand my kitchen skills from mostly just sweet treats (albeit healthier versions), I think it's better for me and my waistline. Plus, even though Dave loves to cook and create in the kitchen I want to surprise him with dinner at least every now and then. Last week I cooked dinner every night, and although this may not sound like a big deal to the rest of you domestic goddesses, it was to me.

Anyways, I thought I'd try my hand at baking a homemade bread that wasn't of the chocolate chip variety. I can't believe I waited this long. This Whole Wheat Date Bread turned out fabulous, if I do say so myself, and I can't wait to try new versions. This was obviously more of a breakfast or snack version, since it has the dates, but I'd love to try a recipe for bread we can make sandwiches on!

Homemade Whole Wheat Date Bread Recipe // Home is with You

This recipe is perfect for the Fall weather, that is either in your area already (like mine) or is headed your way very soon, promise.

Ingredients ≫≫
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar
1/2 cup Chopped Medjool Dates
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1 Egg, beaten

Homemade Whole Wheat Date Bread Recipe // Home is with You

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop your dates into tiny pieces and set aside.

Put all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and cut in the butter. Make a well in the center and pour in your beaten egg, milk, and dates.

Mix well to make a soft dough and smooth it into a greased bread pan. Bake for 30 minutes (depending on your oven), most of the time I go until the fork comes out clean, but this recipe seemed done by that test and the center was still super doughy. Tasted delicious, but it needed a bit longer in my oven. Just check the center before you let it cool.


Homemade Whole Wheat Date Bread Recipe // Home is with You
Homemade Whole Wheat Date Bread Recipe // Home is with You

Enjoy! And pretty please let me know if you try this recipe with another fruit, I'd love to hear how it turns out. I used dates because they're super healthy and I have a big bunch I need to use. Happy Baking!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...