April 6, 2011

Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Makens...

So in case you haven't heard me say it yet, I'll say it again...I LOVE my iPhone! Especially when I am in certain situations where I can't carry around my big Canon SLR, like when I'm a bridesmaid in one of my best friends weddings :) Between the Bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and the big day I got some great shots with my iphone that I have been able to do some simple edits to and capture some great memories...ok enough about my phone, on to the important stuff!

This weekend one of my best friends from high school, Hillary, got married! This was my first time being a bridesmaid so that was special too :) We had a blast this past week celebrating our bestie and the love she has found with Matt. Since they just moved to Colorado, scheduling her parties was a bit hard to do, so we had the Bachelorette party on Thursday. Because it was the day before the rehearsal she wanted something low-key but fun...we went out for a nice dinner and some wine at Yia-Yia's and then went back to Jen's (the maid-of-honor) house for cosmos, cake balls, and games. It was so much fun just hanging with the girls and later in the night Hillary, the other bridesmaids, and I looked through old high school albums and laughed about what we used to look like and things we used to do.

Home is with You // Bachelorette

The next night was the rehearsal/dinner, we practiced our bit of walking down the isle and met the groomsmen and flower girl (who was ADORABLE!)

Home is with You // Flower girl

We then headed to the Pfeiffer's for some food, drinks, and fun...they just re-did their patio and the weather was wonderful so an outside rehearsal dinner was perfect :) The other bridesmaids (aka my other high school bffs) and I, along with our significant others sat together and enjoyed the night. Hillary gave us our bridesmaids gifts and she got the three of us these beautiful necklaces from Tiffany's with our first initial on them, I've worn it every day since, love it! Later on they lit the fire pit and it was a great way to relax the night before all of the wedding day craziness began.

Home is with You // Rehearsal

Home is with You // Bridesmaid gift

Then came the day we were waiting for, luckily my Mom is a hairdresser and she did all of the bridesmaids hair while the bride was getting her hair done. We then headed to the brides parents house for some yummy Barn'rds for lunch and to do our makeup. It took all three bridesmaids to get the bride into her dress (doesn't it always?) and then we were off to the country club for some pictures :) Us girls got to ride in style in the vintage car that they rented for the day, it was so neat!

Home is with You // getting ready

Home is with You // wedding car
Home is with You // Vintage bride


At the country club Hillary and Matt had their "meet-and-greet" out on the golf course (so sweet to watch, and yes Hill we were all spying), we posed for the photographers, and then headed off to the church for the ceremony!

Home is with You // Car kiss

Home is with You // Bridesmaid


The ceremony was beautiful and I may or may not have teared up when the gorgeous bride walked down the isle ;) We then headed back to the country club for cocktail hour followed by delicious dinner and all the fun stuff that comes with wedding territory. We had a great time dancing with the bride and groom and it's always nice to hang out with great friends...I'll leave you with this picture of the brides fab shoes...

Home is with You // Pink shoes

0 lovely notes:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...