Ok so the adorable Mrs. Stephanie Thigpen started a link-up for "100 things about me" and I just couldn't help but join in (check out her blog here), so for the next few Mondays I'll be posting 25 things about me, here goes nothing...
1. I graduated from University of Kansas: I’m a Jayhawk, I bleed crimson and blue, and all of that good stuff…
2. …also loving college basketball comes with the territory, I’ll never forget our senior year of college when the Jayhawks won the National Championship, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it…it really was magic being in Lawrence for it all
|Mass street after we won, you couldn't see where the people stopped...amazing|
3. I am extremely competitive, sometimes this comes in handy, and sometimes it’s a huge flaw…my poor husband has learned not to tell me to go faster at the end of our runs because I tend to get a little angry…sorry love!
4. I am a chocoholic! Chocolate is my biggest downfall, if I were to give it up for life (this could never, ever happen) I would probably be lighter and healthier…but alas I just love it too much :)
5. Ever since senior year of high school I’ve donated my hair to Locks of Love every couple years(now Pantene Beautiful Lengths, because Locks of Love isn’t as great as it sounds…) which means I go from extremely long hair to pretty short hair (for me)…
6. My little brother (who will be 20 this summer, what?!) is one of my bff’s…he’s hilarious and we used to fight like cats and dogs when we were little (we got along too, just liked to push each other’s buttons), which we get to laugh about now
7. @mamaramsey (who you all should follow because she’s witty and a lot of fun) said to add “always gracious” to my list of things…this made my day because it’s definitely something I strive to be
8. I am really shy when I first meet people, but then once you get to know me I won’t shut up…
9. …part of being shy means I hate public speaking, HATE it, and I’m the maid of honor in my best friend’s wedding two months from today and I have been freaking out about the speech for awhile now…
10. …but she’s totally worth it :) Jen and I have been besties since the 2nd grade, it all started with us having to carry desks up to the classroom on the first day and laughing a little too hard and we’ve been inseparable ever since…I don’t know what I’d do without her, she’s the best friend any girl could ask for and I am so blessed to have known her for almost 20 years now
11. The Real Housewives are my guilty TV pleasure, seriously I can’t get enough…I love all of them…Beverly Hills is my new fav, with Orange County and NY close behind
12. I’m adopted and I wouldn’t have it any other way :)
13. …Although people (even random strangers while we’re out and about) are always telling my Mom and I how much we look alike, I think it has to do with our mannerisms…but I take this as a compliment because she is gorgeous :)
14. Seriously though I am the luckiest girl in the world to have the most amazing, supportive parents anyone could ask for (3 of them to be exact)…they are my role models and my bff’s…
15. …because I’m so blessed in the parents department I got to have TWO wonderful Dad’s walk me down the aisle on our wedding day…how lucky am I?!
16. I have the cutest nephew ever
17. My favorite color is red/pink
18. The only time I’m not in comfy pants is when I’m outside the house (and sometimes I wear them outside the house, shh!) …as in, the very first thing I do when I walk in the door is run upstairs and change into my comfy pants…I even have Dave doing this now too (he’s not as extreme as I am) but I gave him some scrubs that he wears all the time now :)
19. Oh and my new fav comfy pants are the ones he got me for Christmas last year, the set from VS with the zip up hoodie to match…this I love to wear out bc it’s cute AND comfy…someday I’d like to get more, then I’ll dress like Gabby on Desperate Housewives hehe
20. Love, love, love little kids! They are adorable and hilarious because you never know what they’re going to say…
21. …I’ve always wanted to be a teacher, I even have a “note to the parents” I wrote as a little kid
22. My birthday is February 6th and Dave’s is February 9th :)
23. I married my favorite person in the world on March 21, 2009 and love every minute of being his wife!
24. My hubby is an independent musician, he just recorded an album and I couldn’t be happier for him… the album turned out amazing and I am always in awe of his talent
25. Since Dave is an independent artist, my job right now (which I volunteered to do because I believe in him so much, not because he asked me to) is helping him in any way possible…I’m pretty much his photographer, manager, social media person, etc.