April 17, 2013

You're more beautiful than you think.


Maybe I was a bit extra emotional yesterday, but this video by Dove made me tear up...it’s so true and is a great example of just how hard we women are on ourselves.


But WHY are we so hard on ourselves? Life is so short and to spend so much time nitpicking at all of the things we think are our worst qualities, instead of focusing on the qualities we know are amazing is such a waste of time. Especially since those things we think are so unattractive about ourselves are the very things others find to be our best features.

It was sad, yet inspiring to me to see that strangers see us in such a better light than we see ourselves. While we focus on the chins our mother's told us were big or our round cheeks like the ladies in the video, strangers see our kind eyes. Some women are extra hard on themselves and I just want to shake them and tell them how gorgeous they are!

Home is with You // You're more beautiful than you think. 
What about you? How close would your sketch be compared to the one a stranger helped draw of you? Either way, Dove is right...you are more beautiful than you think...

3 comments:

  1. I had heard about this but hadn't seen it. Revealing for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good question- and very thought provoking! It's so hard for women to be honest about themselves.
    one sweet tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Facebook and cried as well. I think because I am my own worst critic when it comes to my look. It is something I have to work on as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...