January 2, 2012

This years love.

It has come to my attention that many people have never heard of David Gray (although he's wildly popular in the UK) or aren't sure what his music sounds like ...if you ask me that's just wrong. His unique, soulful voice combined with the insightful lyrics all put to a beat you can't help but sway to is nothing short of magical.

...I can't tell you what it's like when Dave and I
find out someone doesn't know who David Gray is,
it's like a little piece of me dies.


For me it goes deeper than the fact that someone doesn't like one of my favorite artists. When I find out someone hasn't heard of an artist as talented as David Gray and yet someone like Katy Perry is about to have the number one selling album of all time...it saddens me.

...and this isn't just because I'm married to a very talented musican.
I have always felt this way.


I'd rather support someone who has put blood, sweat, and tears into making sure that their music can be heard. Even if just by a few. Those that put their heart and soul into every word, every strum of their guitar. The musicians that are willing to put it all on the line and go for their dreams, without the assurance of ever making it to the other side.

...David Gray is one of those artists.

So this Music Monday, I just ask that you take a listen
and consider supporting the artists that put their life into their work.


11 comments:

  1. I love "This Year's Love". We actually played it at our wedding and it is one of the 3 songs on my wedding video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love this song.. david gray is one of my favs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I die on the inside when people don't know who he is. He's just so damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Gray...please come sing to me! :) I love him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...and I knew him already! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay this post totally made my day! I am a huge David G fan. Went to his concert in Auckland New Zealand awhile back and he was seriously AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We saw him in concert years ago. Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew his music but not his name. Thanks for bringing that to my attention haha. Found you on Casey's page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this song! Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower and I am so glad I found your blog. I look forward to reading more. I would appreciate it if you stopped over at my blog and followed me back. Thanks! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. His songs make me melt. "This Year's Love" is a perfect first dance for a wedding.

    xo Shane
    shaneprather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...