November 21, 2012

The Knitting Project.

Today I'm excited to introduce Jen of Rellas Bellas, she's here to share a bit of her heart and passion with you and I'm praying some of you will have a calling to help her reach her goal...
 
Hi Home is with You readers, I am so blessed to have Mallorie as one of my dear sweet friends who is helping me spread the word about my #purposeproject for Mocha Club.

Last week I shared with all my lovely readers, friends and family about the knitting project.


I’ve wanted to learn how to knit for as long as I can remember. Almost two years ago I bought yarn and needles in an effort to teach myself. Those needles and ball of yarn sit with my crafting supplies untouched. I tried for about two days to teach myself and failed miserably. Today that changes. I am partnering up with Mocha Club for the month of November to create The Knitting Project, a way to raise money to rescue girls in Ethiopia from the sex trade industry.
 


I left Influence conference last month and the ministry of Mocha Club kept weighing on my heart. I feel like we as women spend so much time worrying about things like having the newest shoes, perfect haircut, a home that looks like it could be in the latest issue of Martha Steward Living. We often times forget how great we have it. I find myself catching myself a lot lately complaining about things that are just so silly. Getting upset because I am stuck in traffic; annoyed the plumber was 3 hours late. God is reminding me of how lucky I am. How blessed I am to not have to worry about the things these brave women in Ethiopia encounter every day.

My goal for the month of November is to raise $400. $400 rehabilitates one woman from the sex industry in Ethiopia. By  raising $400 WE can give a woman the opportunity to live a better life and no longer allow prostitution to be her means of survival. 
{all donations are tax deductible, a receipt will be emailed after donation}

How $400 will change one woman's life:
Basics of what women receives through Women at Risk:
•Rehabilitation from desperate circumstances
•Counseling to redeem deep emotional and physical trauma
•Hope through skills training and job opportunity
•Restoration, dignity, and a new life!
Details of what they receive:
• Individual and group counseling 
• A 12 Steps addiction recovery program 
• Pre-& post-HIV counseling and testing 
• Daily devotion and bible studies 
• Skills training and job placement services 
• Day care services 
• Tuition and schooling material for children’s education and many more programs that address the unique needs of the rehabilitating woman and her children 


Once a woman is rehabilited from the sex slave industry the second part of Mocha Club is livefashionABLE. These woman who are given a second chance can make a living making scarves instead of prostitution. This is Bezuayhu's story: “I am now 19 years old. My parents had passed away and I used to live with my aunts and grandparents. They always wanted me to work and not to go to school. So, I came to the city, and there I came to this life of prostitution. // Now, it feels so good to get up in the morning and say I am going to work. It feels so good to have a scarf named after me. I’m so proud to be called a scarf maker.”
 
The scarf I am wearing below was made my Bezuayhu. Every day that I put it on I think of how amazing it is that Mocha Club can give these women a better chance at life. A chance to not live their lives in prostitution. $400 can give another woman in Ethiopia the chance to be a scarf maker and be proud of what they do.
 
scarf: livefashionABLE // sweater & maxi skirt: target // stripped tee: forever21 // shoes: converse "chucks" // clutch: sew caroline 

I am praying as you watched today's video or read my post from last week  you will want to help. Whether it be to share this post with your family and friends on Facebook and twitter, or to donate; every bit counts. if 10 people donate $40 we will have helped changed one woman's life. if 40 people donate $10 we will have helped changed one woman's life. if 80 people donate $5 {one drink at starbucks} we will have helped changed one woman's life.

A few tweets or posts for fb to help spread the word:

Can you help @rellasbellas change the life of one woman? read more about her #purposeproject http://ow.ly/f4U1s

Let's help @mochaclub make a difference and help @rellasbellas learn to knit #purposeproject http://ow.ly/f4U1s

Goal: $400 raised, 1 woman freed and a chance for @rellasbellas to learn to knit #purposeproject http://ow.ly/f4U1s

Bring coffee from home and donate ur $5 latte fund to help change the life of 1 woman #purposeproject http://ow.ly/f4U1s
  
Ok friends, let's help her out! Even if you can't donate, please please please help spread the word!

0 lovely notes:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...