May 29, 2013

Music is my life...

Today's prompt from the lovely Jenni (who I will be reunited with in a week!) asked us to write about and share five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Where do I even begin? Music has always been a big part of my life and I knew it always would be, but I never could have known that I would marry a musician (although it makes total sense now).

Music means the world to me. It brightens my day, makes me dance, makes me cry, brings back old memories...it heals me. So how can I choose just five that speak to me or bring back memories? Well, here goes nothing...

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros 
Duh. I mean, I pretty much named my whole blog after this song. I can still listen to this one on repeat and it never gets old. You can't listen to this song without dancing around the room like a fool.

  Today by Joshua Radin on Grooveshark  

 Today by Joshua Radin
This song reminds me of when I first started dating Dave and my trips down to Texas to see him. Joshua Radin was a current obsession at the time and I would listen to this song while I was out on a run (while Dave was at work) and just smile and be so thankful I finally found him. "You looked right through me when there was no one else. I sat beside beside you and became myself...today."     
   

Let the Time Roll By by Onward Soldiers 
I've put this song on my blog before, it's the perfect Friday afternoon song and it puts me in the best mood every time. I also adore the lyrics, “Oh my love, if tommorow never comes can we make the best of what we have today?”        
 

Slow Pony Home by The Weepies
This song floods my memories with our time spent in Maryland. Dave and I lived near Baltimore when we first got married and I got hold of this album...it was probably the only thing in my car CD player the entire year we were there.


We Shall Be Free by Garth Brooks
If the lyrics of this song don't speak to you, you might not be human. I love Garth Brooks through and through, but this song is definitely up near the top of my list. And when he sang this one in concert? Waterworks.


First Time by Dave Owens 
I snuck that one in on you, didn't I? This song brings back so many memories. I have loved this song from the first time (pun intended) that I heard it, but now it holds a very special place in my heart because we played this one while we lit our unity candle at our wedding.

Current Favorites ≫≫

Below My Feet by Mumford & Sons on Grooveshark

 Below my Feet by Mumford and Sons
 This song really speaks to me. It makes me close my eyes, sway back and forth, and just give thanks for the beautiful life we've been given.

 Anything by Lana Del Ray (obsessed doesn't even cover it), Leona Naess, the entire soundtrack to the movie Once, Of Mice and Men...and the list goes on.


I'd LOVE to hear what some of your choices would be! New music is my favorite...

4 comments:

  1. What a great list.

    Mel
    http://mels-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing list! Now I have some new songs to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection! Below my Feet is probably one of my favorite Mumford songs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your taste in music! Home has become one of my anthems :)

    ~Taylor

    liveandmoveblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...