February 2, 2012

Energy Balls.

Energy Balls // Home is with You

I was hooked as soon as I read the word energy. It's something I've been lacking lately and the thought of a yummy snack that could remedy that was all I needed to get me to make these. And boy are they worth it. Not like they are that hard to make, which makes them that much better.

I adapted my energy balls from this recipe. Here's what I used...

≫≫ 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (with nothing crazy added, just sea salt, this time I just used plain unsalted almonds)
≫≫ 2 tbsp orange juice (I used the "simply" brand)
≫≫ 1/2 tsp cinnamon
≫≫ 1 tsp vanilla
≫≫ honey (about 1/2 cup, but I didn't measure...try to get Grade A honey, the darker the better)

 Place all ingredients in your food processor...

Energy Balls // Home is with You

Grind until it the mixture gets to your desired texture. I like mine a little crunchy, but if you'd like it smoother that's fine too. Then just roll roll it up into little balls and store in an air tight container.

Energy Balls // Home is with You

I think next time I'll double the recipe...these little things were so good and just perfect for a road trip! Dave wasn't too sure about these at first (they looked a little funny to him), but after he tried them he kept talking about how good they were...so rest assured, these are husband approved.


4 comments:

  1. Never seen anything like these....but they look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I made some similar to these but they didn't have honey (and didn't stay together very well). I will have to try this recipe... looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super easy and looks delicious!! I know what I'll be making this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds great! Pinning them for sure. Thanks for sharing - I'm always on the lookout for a quick and naturally healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...