May 18, 2012

What a beautiful day...

Yesterday Dave and I spent more than half the day shopping for groceries...I kid you not. After only buying a few things here and there for the past month or so we were way overdue for an inventory check and to stock up on the essentials (plus some). We like to grocery shop together and usually take our time strolling the aisles and checking the ingredients of new items (yes, we're those people)...so that made the long list and multiple stops we had to make yesterday an extra long event...

IMG_2783-1

When we got home Dave started his job of unloading the loot, I started to look around and got a little overwhelmed at how messy I'd let the place get. As he started to cook dinner I confessed I'd been feeling like I fail at certain areas sometimes, and that reading some of the blogs and seeing pictures on Pinterest don't help matters...

IMG_2806

I feel guilty sometimes that I don't always have dinner on the table (honestly Dave usually cooks) and that our home isn't always all put together. As I was telling him about all this he looked at me with one of the most serious looks I've ever seen on him and said that none of that mattered to him...

IMG_2811

Just the fact that I support him and love him is all that he cares about. Even if the house is never perfect and dinner isn't made from scratch every night, he still loves me more today than yesterday.

IMG_2802

I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders, even though I knew he didn't expect all of that from me, just to hear him say it helped to make me realize how much ridiculous pressure I put on myself sometimes. Please tell me I'm not the only one?


8 comments:

  1. Aw that is so great! I actually felt that way this morning girl... we woke up & Scott mentioned that we didn't have coffee... then he mentioned something about the house being a little messy & gahhhh I just felt so bad even though he wasn't upset or nething that when he left I just started cleaning before I went to work lol! I emailed him how sorry I was and what not, and he wrote back laughing at me for stresing so much about it. I'm sure we both feel we just want to make our men so happy, and all they reeeally care about is love and support.. I love that! :) I so wish yall were coming tonight!! Miss u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one, and you've got a keeper there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have felt like that lately too...I used to cook every night but we are just so busy and I teach zumba twice a week so I feel like I haven't cooked in a while and JOn is so loving! cant wait to see u tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are definitely not the only one! just this morning i was looking around noticing that every single surface in our house has clutter on it. i got so overwhelmed not even knowing where to start.. its frustrating and I also have those same "failing as a wife" feelings which is so unrealistic for us to put on ourselves! thanks for the post. thankful for our supportive husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so with you on this! My husband and I don't have "traditional roles" when it comes to our marriage. I know how to cook but I don't enjoy it-he does. I hate grocery shopping-he loves it. Luckily that worked out for us, however I am still very hard on myself about my lack of a traditional "domestic" role.

    To make me feel even worse I am a part time stay at home wife. Not even a stay at home mom... and I still don't manage to put dinner on the table. Just like your husband, mine reassures me that it's okay.

    I remind myself that I'm the laundry queen and it makes up for my lack of kitchen domain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous day - and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a sahm and my baby is now 10 months old. I've got a laundry of pile on the bed, dog hair on our floors, and I just recently got better about making dinner. But, we're happy and a little bit of mess is ok with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, wow. Pile of laundry. It's nap time for this momma. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...