March 21, 2012

3 years...

Photobucket

As I sit here it is the exact moment, 3 years ago, that I walked down the aisle towards Dave. Walking down that aisle and saying "I do" was the best decision I have ever made. Period. My life is so much fuller because of him...

Just last night, I was starting to pout a bit (as we women tend to do) about how we wouldn't get much time today to celebrate like we usually do. It's midterm week for Dave and he has tests today and a paper due tomorrow, plus meetings with people we met at SXSW (more on that later). Not to mention the fact that we can't afford to get each other gifts this year- which only makes me sad because there was something I really wanted to get Dave, but we just can't afford it...

...and Dave kissed me on the forehead, looked me in the eyes, and said, "it's ok, every day is a celebration of our marriage". HOW did I get so lucky? And he's right. Oh so right. Every day that passes is a celebration of our love and devotion to one another.

So cheers to 3 years, and forever... 

ComScoreWe played this song of Dave's during the lighting of our unity candle

8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!! So happy for both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy happy anniversary to a wonderful couple who is still so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a really tender post.
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that song! Where can I hear more of his music??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Happy Anniversary!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, so, SO sweet! Happy Anniversary lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! What a sweet guy. Hope you still got to enjoy your night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a moment to comment! ♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...